You will be personally trained by a Fortrum Director to become an outstanding consultant and expert in the Dutch mortgage market. You will be involved in:
• Support of Board members or Senior Consultants with their assignments for mortgage lenders and top tier financial institutions such as large banks or institutional investment firms to:
o Develop strategy and business plans
o Improve Risk management functions
o Review and improve internal procedures, processes or policies and ensure these are adequate, functional and comply with industry standards
o Create client proposals, presentations and reports.
• Project management support
o Produce detailed project plans including the schedule, budget, duties of each team member, project goals, and timelines
o Prepare reports for management or clients regarding status of the project(s) or programme.
• Analytical tasks
o Collect and analyse data and opinions on the Dutch Mortgage market by using specialist analytical tools such as Python or R.
o Explore issues and predict trends
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic professional, ideally with a background in finance or a related field, to join the Fortrum team, with a target start date of 1st September 2021.
• Fluent English speaking and writing
• Masters degree in Finance or related field and/or, ideally, 3 – 5 years relevant work experience
• Innovative mindset, eager to investigate
• Affinity with analytics and research; preferably experience in Python or R
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong team player and client focus
• Ability to convey a sharp presentation with engaging visuals; e.g. in PowerPoint
Fortrum prides itself as an attractive employer which truly values people. This is why we have competitive employment conditions that not only help Fortrum attract the talented people it needs, but also help retain them for the future. We offer a full-time job (40 hours), pension plan and salary in line with market standards. We recently moved to a modern, newly decorated office in Houten in the centre of the Netherlands. Our office is close to the train station and a mall with a width range of shops and restaurants. Fortrum wants to create a modern and professional work relationship to ensures that everyone is given responsibility and the support to succeed. A work relationship that stimulates you to show who you are by giving you scope to develop and continue learning. We offer a unique growth path from a Junior to Senior Consultant in which our Director of Consultancy will train you professionally as well as let you gain practical knowledge.
If you are enthusiastic about this vacancy and think that you would be a good fit for the team at Fortrum, we would like to invite you to apply. We are very keen to find out who you are, what motivates you and what you can contribute to Fortrum. Because of coronavirus, most Fortrum colleagues are currently working fully digitally from home. It is not yet clear when we can return to the office. The official working location for this job is Houten.